After chef Daniel Negreira’s proposal of a “not so classic” tiramisu for our red wines, we present you another of his recipes, this time focused on taking the tasting of our white wines to another level.
The Galician chef, besides being the author of countless cookbooks and opinion columnist in distinguished publications in Asia, is the owner and chef of the Hidden By DN restaurant in Taiwan, with whom he has won numerous awards, especially being recommended by the Michelin Guide 2018 and 2019 of Taiwan, obtaining the grapes, the award that this guide offers to the most interesting wine menus in the country along with the Award of Excellence 2019 from Wine Spectator to its exclusive selection of Spanish wine.
Our white wines , compared to other classic wines, are characterized for being very soft and fresh on the palate, which is why they are a perfect combination to pair with fish, especially if they are marinated.
The pairing of our white wines with this second proposal of Daniel Negreira’s pairing will be the winner combination. Try it!
Salmon, tofu and avocado “butter”, tear peas, chives by Daniel Negreira
“Very few ingredients can compare to a salmon belly in terms of tenderness, but this tofu and avocado cream can definitely compete for the crown of silkiness…” Chef Daniel Negreira.
INGREDIENTS AND RECEIPT:
For the salmon:
Traditional marinated salmon but reducing the percentage of salt and extending healing:
- 1 FRESH salmon fillet with skin
- 3 limes juice
- 135 gr of coriander seeds
- 150 gr of iodized fat salt
- 200 gr of sugar
- 50 gr of miso paste
- 80 gr of cumin
- 1 fennel root
- 150 gr of black pepper
- Crush all fruit and vegetable spices together until you get a kind of catchy dough and marinate for three hours.
- Cover the loin completely with the mixture and marinate for 2 days refrigerated.
- Once Marinated, clean the salmon with water and package in portions. Consume at least one day after packaging, the taste will be more powerful.
For the Tofu:
- 200 gr Avocado
- 200 gr of egg tofu
- 50 gr of milk
- 10 gr of vegetable jelly
- 5 grams of shichimi togarashi
Thermomix, mix everything until smooth and add the vegetable jelly, rise to 90 and put in the molds with the desired shape. Refrigerate.
For the assembly:
- Cut sheets of 1 cm thick salmon and enough length to wrap the avocado “Tofu”. If we do this step at least two hours in advance, the salmon will add nuances to the Tofu.
- Slightly toast the salmon.
- Assemble the tear peas over the salmon and decorate with the chive flowers.
Do you dare to make this recipe and pair it with one of our white wines?
If you do it, we encourage you to share the result with us on Instagram,
mentioning @ chef.daniel.negreira and @crusoetreasure