Crepe and galette recipeCrepe and galette recipe https://underwaterwine.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/La-Chandeleur-2023-cuadrado-1.png 1080 1080 Crusoe Treasure https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/a92b316a884d4396bd179329ef230451
If you dare to celebrate La Chandeleur this year or for any other day, here we share the family recipe of a French friend of ours, Martha, to also pair with a good wine.
125 grams of flour
1/4l of milk
A tablespoon of warm water
50ml olive oil
5g of sugar
a pinch of salt
Zest of ½ lemon or ½ orange
½ glass of Cointreau (optional)
A tablespoon of olive oil to grease the pan
- In a bowl, add the eggs, beat them and add the salt.
- Then we add the rest of the ingredients.
- Let the dough rest, if we can, 2 or 3 hours
- We put the frying pan on the fire, add the tablespoon of oil and with a saucepan we take a little dough.
- We wait a few seconds and turn it over.
- We continue in the same way with all the dough.
We can fill them with whatever we like: chocolate, cream, strawberries, banana, nuts.
This option pairs very well with our red wine Sea Soul N8.
200g of buckwheat flour + 50g of plain flour or 250g of buckwheat flour (gluten free)
500g of water
1 teaspoon melted butter or oil
1 teaspoon salt
Extra butter for the skillet
There are many options, but here we leave you one of the most popular:
2 slices of cooked ham or cold cuts to taste
grated gruyère cheese to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let it rest for 2-3 hours (essential).
- Once the rest is over, we put the pan over medium-high heat, brush with butter and when it’s hot, pour in a good ladle of pasta, move the crepe maker to spread it well.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side and leave them on a plate covered with a cloth.
- To complete them, we take a crepe and put it in the hot frying pan, toast it a little, add the ingredients: grated cheese to taste, cooked ham and finally the egg (previously made to taste).
- Fold the edges of the crepe and let it heat until the cheese is melted.
- It is possible that we have to adjust the fluidity of the paste: if it were too thick we would add some water. And vice versa, some flour if it was very fine.
To accompany this salty crepe we recommend our white wine Sea Soul N7.